Our friend J took the IELTS test in Hong Kong and remembered the following details:
Section 1. An inquiry about accommodation.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Section 2. A story about the history of tunnel and bridge between France and the UK.
Questions: filling in blanks, match facts to paragraphs.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About pearls in ancient history.
Questions: True/False/Not Given.
Passage 2. Description of a tour guide job.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Passage 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the hotel manager about a bad experience you had while staying there. Include the following in your letter:
– Where and when did you stay?
– What had happened?
– Suggest a solution for the situation.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays young people seek older people’s advice in the same way as in the past. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Include your opinion and relevant examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Why did you choose this job?
– Do you like walking?
– Where and how long do you usually walk?
– Did anything special happen during your walks?
Talk about a skill that you learned in your childhood. Please say
– What is it?
– Do you think it is important?
– Why is it important?
– What if you didn’t learn that skill in your childhood?
– Do you like working with people or alone?
– What is more important, academic or practical skills, in your opinion?
– Do you think it is easier to learn a new language as a child than as an adult?
- IELTS test in Hong Kong – August 2016 (General Training) Our kind friend Y took the IELTS test in Hong…
- IELTS test in Canada – September 2016 (General Training) Our friend K took the IELTS test in Canada and…
- IELTS test in Bangladesh – September 2016 (General Training) Our friend T took the IELTS test in Bangladesh and…
- IELTS test in India – July 2016 (General Training) Our friends I and P remembered the Listening and Reading…
- IELTS test in India – April 2016 (General Training) Our friends R and S took the IELTS test in…