Our kind friend Y took the IELTS test in Hong Kong and remembered the following details:
Section 1. A phone conversation between a real estate agent and a lady about rental property in Sydney.
Questions: filling a form.
Section 2. A tour guide was showing a drawing about political arguments.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice, map labeling.
Section 3. Two students talked about a business course they attended and tried to provide feedback to their tutor.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have read a magazine article that mentioned a place you are familiar with. There was a mistake in the article. Write a letter to the magazine and say
– What was the error?
– Explain that you are familiar with the place.
– Why is it important to correct the error?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say private schools should be banned because they give students an unfair advantage on others. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and include relevant examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like your job?
– Has your job changed?
– Do you like staying at home?
– How do you spend your time at home?
– How has you way of spending time at home changed compared to the past?
Describe a situation when you had to communicate in foreign language for the first time. Please say
– When and where was it?
– Who did you talk to?
– What was the conversation about?
– Do you think learning a foreign language is important?
– How do you think learning a language can be made more fun?
– Do you think scientists should learn foreign languages?
– What is the difference between reading a translation and the original?
- IELTS test in India – August 2016 (General Training) Our friend S took the IELTS test in India and…
- IELTS test in India – April 2016 (General Training) Our friends R and S took the IELTS test in…
- IELTS test in Australia and Malaysia – April 2016 (General Training) Thanks to H and E we can share the Writing…
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2016 (General Training) Our friend A took the IELTS test in Australia and…
- IELTS test in India – February 2016 (General Training) Below are the topics and questions from a recent IELTS…