Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Katie Zanecchia of Ross Yoon Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Katie: Katie, Ross Yoon’s literary agent in New York City, has worked at the intersection of content, creativity, and advocacy for her entire career—from literary magazines and major publishers to arts-based non-profits. She began her career at Writers House Literary Agency, where she also helped create their first digital rights department. Recently, she’s helped build and celebrate creative communities at CreativeMornings and Girls Write Now, where she’s experienced the transformative power of the written word first hand. She graduated from the Columbia Publishing Course and has a BA in Comparative Literature from the University of Virginia. You can find her @klz4k just about everywhere on the internet.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: Katie is interested in adult narrative non-fiction that catalyzes social change, challenges the status quo, gives voice to the underrepresented, and inspires improvement of all kinds—whether it’s through the lens of women’s rights and feminism, arts and design, technology, politics, social science, memoir, or pop culture.
She is not looking for fiction or children’s books.
How to Submit: Email a query letter, a proposal, and sample chapter to katie [at] rossyoon.com. I read every query and will respond to projects I’m interested in within 4-6 weeks (if not sooner!). No snail mail, please.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
Your new complete and updated instructional guide
to finding an agent is finally here: The 2015 book
GET A LITERARY AGENT shares advice from more
than 110 literary agents who share advice on querying,
craft, the submission process, researching agents, and
much more. Filled with all the advice you’ll ever need to
find an agent, this resource makes a great partner book to
the agent database, Guide to Literary Agents.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Spotlight: Paul Lamb (Howard Morhaim Literary Agency) seeks Nonfiction, Crime, Mystery and Literary Fiction.
- 5 Essential Tips For Writing Killer Fight Scenes.
- Begin Your Pages With Conflict.
- How I Found My Literary Agent: Cassandra Dunn (Fiction).
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and writing a query letter.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Katie Zanecchia of Ross Yoon Literary Agency appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/new-literary-agent-alert-katie-zanecchia-of-ross-yoon-literary-agency